Tonight. Yes, we found out at my final drs appt on Thursday that I'm only at a 2 (sorry, perhaps TMI) so we've been advised to check in to the hospital tonight, Sunday night, at 8pm. They will then give me Cervidil to get the whole thing going. I'm getting nervous even as I type this. It was weird to wake up this morning knowing that tonight was the night.
My Mother arrived last night. She will be staying with Big Brother while we're in the hospital. Today will be a low key day. Here is what's left on my 'to-do' for today.
- Set up Big Brother's car seat in Grammy's car so that she can get around with him in a car she's familiar with.
- Show Grammy the easiest route to the hospital and to Big Brother's daycare.
- Set up infant car seat bases so that we'll all prepared to bring Baby Sissy home.
- Stop by drugstore to pick up variety of magazines for the hospital.
- finish outlining on paper Big Brother's 'typical' schedule for Grammy.
- finish packing my hospital bag
At my drs appt on Thursday they said I'm measuring at 41 weeks. They are concerned that she's going to be too big for me to deliver vaginally (sorry, I was trying to think of another way to say it w/out using the 'v' word). I'm just afraid that they may end up having to do an emergency cesarean and at what point would they decide that? I don't know. I just pray that she's not as large as they think she could be. When my Mother saw me last night she couldn't believe the size of my belly. She like a lot of kind people said that I'm mostly all belly. I guess that's a compliment. Honestly I'll take what I can get at this point. :) But hearing this kind of comment really only continues to feed my fear that this baby will be gigantic.
Please pray for a speedy and easy delivery and that Baby Sissy arrives a healthy and happy baby! I look forward to posting later this week with all the details. (OK, maybe I'll spare you ALL the details.) :) And I look forward to catching up on all your posts.