Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Making Formal Introductions


I suppose before we get started I should formally introduce myself!
I'm a 31 yr old wife, mother of soon to be two. I've been married for 7 yrs to a terrific man and we have a 2 1/2 yr old son named Aidan. We are currently expecting our second child, a girl, with only 2 1/2 months left to go! We live in the suburbs in a house we had built about 5 years ago. We enjoy working on projects around the house, spending time as a family and spending time with our friends.

I work from my home office doing project management for a company I've been with for 9 yrs. Often times when people hear this they assume that I keep my son home with me during the day. Unfortunately that's not the case. I would not be able to get my work done if I had him home with me so he goes to daycare. I plan to continue working after I have my daughter in May.
I feel so blessed to work from home, especially at this time in my life. My job is relatively low stress, does not require much travel and my commute is non-existent which allows us to avoid a true morning rush to get ready and gives us more time to spend together during the week nights.

I can truly say that most days I wake up realizing just how fortunate I am. I am so grateful for my life, for my loving and might I add handsome husband and my adorable, healthy son.


Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. - Jane Howard (1935-1996)

No comments: